Sunday, November 21, 2010

AllMoPs 14

All Manner of Plugs: Issue 14 (11.21.2010)
a weekly informing and recommending email

Written by J.S. Lewis

* * *

PLUG IN

I'm home this weekend (and next) for Thanksgiving and feel I'm entitled to a sort of vacation. That doesn't mean I'm taking two weeks off from AllMoPs, no siree! Just that I'm giving you a little morsel this time and we'll just have to see about Thanksgiving weekend.

* * *

MVOTW


O the fruits of YouTube searches! I think "And I'm thankful! Are your thankful?" will be rotating like a broken record in my mind forever more. Tis the season boys! Props to their choreographer, I'm thankful.

* * *

RANDOMONIA

Here are some interesting compilations of the "Luckiest Guys in the World." One and then another.

* * *

THE FILM TOME REPORT

THE TRAILER ROUND-UP

Consider "Born To Be Wild" my MONKEY DO this week. A nature doc about an orphan elephant and an orphan chimp. Look gorgeously photographed. Who would you get to narrate? Morgan Freeman, number one answer.

Pixar has now released a trailer that actually tells us something about "Cars 2." It looks very nice, but I'm actually not all that excited for it.

"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" is one of my most beloved film. Well, now Walt Disney Animation Studios is reviving the property with the simply named "Winnie the Pooh." The animation is almost too clean, the voice changes are jarring, and, aside from a nice montage of possible new tails for Eeyore, I was pretty uninterested. Still, gotta be hopeful for something so cherished eh?

The special effects in "Green Lantern" are worth seeing. I know nothing about this superhero, but I'm willing to give it a chance next summer.

My mother and sister ever ask about "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." It's hard to pick a favorite of the brilliant "Chronicles" series penned by C.S. Lewis, but this one would definitely be considered. Here's the latest trailer! It comes out in less than a month (Dec. 10th).

The "Okay...": Can you count all the similarities "Red Riding Hood" has with "Twilight"? Good grief. I'll say no thank you now, but predict I'll somehow someday get caught up with this one.

Toss of the Week: Vampires, zombies and aliens! Oh my! Yes... these three are all the rage these days. I've got yet another alien flick to make you aware of, but this time I couldn't be happier. Based on a comic book (of course!) of the same name, "Cowboys & Aliens" looks possibly too cool. Last month Rockstar proved that adding zombies to the Western genre was a stroke of brilliance with the "Undead Nightmare" expansion to this year's best video game, "Red Dead Redemption". To me, inserting aliens instead could be just as good. An impressive and exciting preview to say the least! Next summer can't come soon enough now. It is a wonderful sight to see Harrison Ford don a cowboy hat again.

* * *

UNPLUG

Peevish armadillo! If you have any comments, questions, requests, complaints or threats please let your voice be heard by allmops@gmail.com. If you wish to be removed from the AllMoPs send-list, let me know. If you wish to add someone, let me know. Remember, all previous AllMoPs are available at my blog, All Manner of Posts. Be thankful and thanks for plugging in!

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment